health care passes

Feel free to chat in here

health care passes

Postby amyhop » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:24 am

I know that health care issues are so completely different in the UK than they are here in the US. What does everyone think of our health care reform bill that just passed? I know it's crazy that we even have to fight about making it a law that everyone should have access to healthcare- that just makes total sense to me. Do you think we could benefit from a more socialized system like you find in the UK and other parts of the world, or will that just never fly in our country?
amyhop

Re: health care passes

Postby stressmom » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:30 pm

Whether or not we could benefit from it is one thing but the fact of the matter is that the UNited States is so far gone with the healthcare system and having insurance that runs as for profit entity that it would be difficult to ever get that reined back in. Something has to be done and maybe this is th answer and maybe it isn't but anything might be better than the situation that we are faced with right now.
stressmom

Postby amyhop » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:31 pm

you're right that almost anything would be better than the way it has been for so long, with people afraid to go to the doctor or get sick because they could lose their homes if they can't pay
amyhop

Postby louiedon62 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:18 am

I think the health care bill is a wonderful idea if it does everything the government say it will do. Somebody got to police these insurance company because its getting ridiculous how some people are denied health coverage because they are terminally ill.
louiedon62

Postby TonyStarr » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:11 pm

I think the universal health care will help a lot of families. There are so many things that medical insurance don't cover. This is like a breath of fresh air for the family that can't afford to pay out of pocket for a heart transplant.
TonyStarr

Return to Off Topic